The Future Leaders Foundation was founded by Mr. Jean Karoubi, a Financier who has over the years been involved in diverse philanthropies. His philosophy is that leaders are the main actors of change and that talented underserved youth must have equal opportunity to reach the highest possible level of leadership on a global scale, being the ones who would be best suited to implement positive change for a better world.
Jean’s endeavors were inspired by his bond with Mr. Charles F. Feeney, the legendary philanthropist who founded the Atlantic Philanthropies. Jean’s relationship with Mr. Feeney and his family extends over 40 years, during which he managed his family’s trusts and served on the board of his family’s foundation, The French American Charitable Trust (FACT).
Jean has pledged sufficient personal funds to provide for the entire cost of running the Future Leaders Foundation during its first years, with external grants gradually taking over. Jean wants to ensure that an increasing number of resilient and very talented students from all around the world are afforded the opportunity to achieve immense global success.
Only extremely ambitious, first-year university students from humble backgrounds who have demonstrated high resilience and have achieved academic excellence should apply to the FGL Fellowship. These students must be determined to become powerful global leaders and understand that the magnitude of their impact on the world is directly linked to the amount of power and influence they accumulate.
- Applicants must be first-year university students and must fit the following eligibility criteria
- First-Generation or Low-Income University Student – students who do not have a family history of higher education, or who come from a low-income background.
- Track Record of Academic Excellence – throughout high school and during the first months of the current school year.
- Proven Leadership Abilities – through self-started initiatives and ventures, or leadership in their schools or communities.
Attributes of Successful Candidates In addition to our eligibility criteria, Admissions Committee will consider the following qualities:
- Contagious Charisma and Unyielding Strength of Character – two common and essential traits in all leaders.
- Resilience and Guts – demonstrated through having overcome hardship.
- Inexhaustible Global Ambition – along with a realistic strategy, the ability to execute, and the willingness to sacrifice and take risks to achieve extraordinary success.
- Altruism – demonstrated through the willingness to enact major positive change, upon having reached the highest level of power and influence.
- A Strong Desire to Join the Fortis Society – upon completion of the 3-year Fellowship.
How To Apply:
31 January 2019