The UTSIP 2019 is a Fully Funded Internship. The Duration of the Internship will be 6 Weeks & the Students with the follwoing disciplines or have interest in these disciplines Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
UTSIP Stands For University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program. This is a paid internship in Japan. The internship Japan for international students is a Great Opportunity to complete Summer Internship in Japan & explore & they will see the Door open towards their Future Career. The Undergraduate students can apply for the UTRIP Internship in Japan.
Applications are Open to Apply for the UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2019 Kashiwa. This Internship in Japan is different from UTRIP Summer Internship in Japan 2019 & University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program Japan 2019. The UTSIP Japan Summer Internship will be held at University of Tokyo, Kashiwa Campus.
The research departments accepting UTSIP students
- Division of Transdisciplinary Sciences
- Advanced Materials Science
- Advanced Energy
- Complexity Science and Engineering
- Division of Biosciences
- Integrated Biosciences
- Computational Biology and Medical Sciences
- Division of Environmental Studies
- Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Environment Systems
- Human and Engineered Environment Studies
- Socio-cultural Environmental Studies
- International Studies
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science
Benefit:UTokyo provides a UTSIP scholarship and accommodation to participants.
- UTSIP Scholarship amount: JPY 110,000 (JPY 110,000 is Enough for Six weeks.)
- Free Accommodation: UTSIP arranges and pays for the Accommodation
- Health insurance plan GSFS provides:
- Death or Physical Disability benefits: 1 million yen
- Medical Benefits: 1 million yen
- Liability: 100 million yen
- Airfare subsidy will not be paid to the participants in 2019. All travel expenses are the participants’ responsibility.
- If you have applied or will apply for a different scholarship, please mention this on the Application page. Some past UTSIP participants received a stipend from the following organizations. Applicants are encouraged to apply a financial aid.
- Friends of UTokyo, Inc. (FUTI)
- MIT-Japan program
- Honda Foundation
- UCLA Terasaki Center for Japanese Studies (from 2018)
- Participants must be in their undergraduate program at an overseas college or university throughout the entire duration of UTSIP program, and will not have completed their BA/BS degree.
- Participants are considering to matriculate graduate level study at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences or other graduate schools at The University of Tokyo, or elsewhere in Japan
- Participants are required to participate in all activities including classes, laboratory work, and special events organized by UTSIP.
Required Documents: Please prepare the application materials described below well in advance; upload in PDF or JPEG format.
- Cover letter: Answer the following two questions within 500 to 700 words in total:
- Why did you choose the laboratory that you did, and what do you hope to acquire from the UTSIP experience? Be specific.
- Describe how qualified you believe you are to conduct for a research project in the laboratory you have chosen. Explain how you believe your experience and skills will enable you to successfully carry out a project.
- Curriculum vitae: Form free (paper size A4, 2-3 pages)
- If you have participated in projects, please describe these experiences in detail. If you have participated in a research project related to the project you would like to conduct in UTSIP, please include this.
- Copy of your transcript: The transcript should cover all the courses of your undergraduate level study up to the most recently completed academic period of study, and must be written in English or Japanese.
- Recommendation letter: A recommendation letter should be written by someone who knows your current study well. For example a professor at your current university, a supervisor at your previous research internship.
- Download the form of Recommendation letter from【here (MSWord/PDF】. We also accept a free format recommendation letter.
- Your supervisor or professor can send a recommendation letter directly to us via e-mail (to: email@example.com) . The e-mail title must be “UTSIP 2019 Recommen letter for NAME OF APPLICAN“. In such cases, applicants are not informed of the content of the letter.
- Certificate of Registration: This certificate verifies that you are actually a registered student at your university. There is no specific format for this. Your name, name of your university and faculty, year and month of entry will be checked.
- Certificate of English proficiency: TOEFL (iBT, PBT), IELTS, or TOEIC score sheet. The most recent score report should be submitted. The following applicants are exempted from submitting a TOEFL or IELTS score report OR Applicants who are a student at a university where English is the official language.
- Applicants should upload an official document issued by the universityattesting to the language of education being English at the time of application.(English Profiency Certificate)
- Copy of your passport: Page with your picture (if you have one). If you do not have a passport, submit an alternative ID with your name, photo and date of birth.
- Successful applicants who have not submitted a passport at the time of application must submit the page by late April, 2019.
- Picture in digital data: Upper body, plain single-color background, taken within the last three months
How To Apply:
Step 1: Choose Program A or B
Step 2: Choose a professor/laboratory to work in from the host laboratory list
Step 3: Apply through the UTSIP online application system Please refer to this LINK for more detailed to apply.
Deadline:31 January 2019
Source: Click Here